Hello happy feet!
You will need:
- a pair of slippers to decorate
- paper or cardboard cut-outs of decorative designs of your felt in different colours
- fabric scissors
- fabric glue
- Print out the decorative designs of your choice on paper or cardboard, cut them out, and make sure they’re the right size for your slippers.
- Start making your felt decorations by using your fabric scissors to cut out a ‘backing’ for each of the
templates from felt in a plain colour like black or white.
- Once you have your backing, you can cut out the rest of the pieces of each design from your different
colours of felt.
- Glue the coloured felt pieces to the backing to create your decorations. Leave them to dry completely.
- Cut the velcro into squares small enough that they can fit onto the back of your decorations without
sticking out. Glue a velcro square to the back of each decoration and glue one square to the top of
each slipper. Leave the glue to dry completely.
- When your glue is dry, you can decorate your slippers using matching designs or mixing and matching.
Magazine issue date: January, 2017
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.