We've made over a classic dish - this blue cheese crème brûlée is quite something!
- 1hr 10 min
- 125ml cream
- 125ml milk
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ x 230g tub cream cheese
- 45ml pecorino, finely grated
- 4 egg yolks
- castor sugar, for sprinkling
- savoury biscuits, to serve
- figs, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a deep baking tray with a tea towel and top with 6 x 100ml ramekins.
- Heat the cream, milk, blue cheese, cream cheese and pecorino on medium-high for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until melted. Beat the egg yolks until pale. Slowly stir the cream mixture into the egg yolks until combined. Season and strain. Pour into the ramekins.
- Pour boiling water into the tray until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in the bain-marie for about 40 minutes. Take the ramekins out of the bain-marie and cool to room temperature before chilling in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the ramekins and use a blowtorch to caramelise the sugar. Serve with biscuits and figs.
If you prefer a stronger blue cheese flavour, use blue cheese flavoured cream cheese instead of plain.
Magazine issue date: August, 2016
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.