This creamy chicken and apple stew is one of our favourite winter comforts!
- 55 mins
- 125ml cake flour
- 8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 100g butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 green apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 250ml cream
- handful dill, chopped
- rice, to serve
- Season flour, toss chicken in flour and shake off excess. Heat butter on medium and brown chicken all over for about 8 minutes. Season.
- Add onions and celery and cook for about 3 minutes. Add apple juice and chicken stock, cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Add stock as necessary.
- Add apples and cream and simmer, lid off, for about 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Season and add dill. Serve with rice.
Magazine issue date: July, 2015