This creamy chicken and apple stew is one of our favourite winter comforts!
- 55 mins
- 125ml cake flour
- 8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 100g butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 green apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 250ml cream
- handful dill, chopped
- rice, to serve
- Season flour, toss chicken in flour and shake off excess. Heat butter on medium and brown chicken all over for about 8 minutes. Season.
- Add onions and celery and cook for about 3 minutes. Add apple juice and chicken stock, cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Add stock as necessary.
- Add apples and cream and simmer, lid off, for about 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Season and add dill. Serve with rice.
Magazine issue date: July, 2015
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.