This crunchy honeycomb will leave you wanting just one more bite...
- 30 mins + cooling
- 100g gingerbread cookies, crushed
- 100g ready-made caramel popcorn
- 500ml sugar
- 160ml liquid glucose
- 80ml water
- 15ml bicarbonate of soda
- Maldon sea salt flakes, to sprinkle (optional)
- Spread out the cookies and popcorn on a 30cm x 45cm lightly greased baking tray.
- Heat the sugar, glucose and water on medium, stir to combine, then bring to a boil without stirring. Cook
for about 20 minutes or until the temperature reaches 150°C on a sugar thermometer.
- Remove from heat and, working quickly, add the bicarb, whisking until combined. Pour immediately over the cookie mixture. Sprinkle with salt if you like. Set aside until hardened.
Note: the honeycomb will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
Magazine issue date: May, 2016
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.