Brownies are an all-time favourite and safe go-to when entertaining!
- 40 mins + cooling
- Makes 20
- 200g butter + extra
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 60ml cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 250ml castor sugar
- 15ml vanilla essence
- 180ml cake flour, sifted
- 150g milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 22cm x 27cm baking dish with baking paper and brush with extra melted butter.
- Melt butter, dark chocolate and cocoa on medium. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla, and slowly add the chocolate mixture, while beating until combined. Fold in flour and spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until spongy but moist. Cool. Drizzle with milk chocolate and spread to smooth the top. Set aside for the chocolate to set. Cut into 20 rectangles.
Optional: decorate each with a raspberry and piece of gold leaf.
Variation: add 100g chopped pecan or hazelnuts to the batter. Sprinkle 30ml nut sprinkles over the chocolate topping before it sets.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: August, 2017
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.