Try this breakfast treat plus check out these amazing Jungle Oats hacks!
- 30 mins
- makes about 8 pancakes
- 2 cups Jungle Taystee Wheat
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup milk
- 75g butter, melted
- Mix together the Jungle Taystee Wheat, baking powder and castor sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, eggs and butter.
- Gradually stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a pan, and spray with non-stick cooking spray or grease with some oil.
- Pour about 60ml of the batter into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Stack the pancakes and top with fresh bananas and a drizzling of honey.
Benefits of Taystee Wheat:
- The three minute hot energy breakfast.
- Low in fat and saturated fat.
- Very low in sodium.
- High in dietary fibre.
- Easy to prepare, one pack makes up to 30 servings.
Jungle Oats has many health benefits:
- Oats are high in soluble fibre.
- High in the cholesterol lowering fibre – Beta-Glucan.
- Lowering LDl (Bad) cholesterol helps with the prevention of heart disease.
- Consuming oats whilst maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle assist with the prevention of heart disease.
- Oats are Low GI and provide filling and long lasting energy.
Try these great hacks with Jungle Oats
- Add a tablespoon of Jungle Oats to your morning shake to keep you fuller for longer
- Instead of bread crumbs to coat chicken nuggets for your kids dinner, use jungle Oats
- Make Jungle Oats cookies for your kids to snack on after school – they are healthier than choc chip!
- Make a cheesecake with a twist and a crunch – use Jungle Oats as the base instead of biscuits.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.