These marble cookies are as tasty as they are pretty!
- Takes 1 hr + cooling
- Makes about 25
- 200g ready-made vanilla cookie dough
- 375ml fondant
- few drops black food colouring
- 1 egg white
- 250ml icing sugar
- edible gold dust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Roll the cookie dough out on a lightly floured surface to 4mm thickness
and cut into 4.5cm hearts with a cookie cutter. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper
and bake in batches for about 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Leave to cool on the tray.
- Divide the fondant into 2 balls. Knead a few drops of food colouring into 1 of the balls on
a cornflour dusted surface until grey. Shape both balls into logs and twist together. Gently
knead and twist until marbled. Roll out on a cornflour dusted surface to 3mm thickness
and cut out 4.5cm hearts.
- Beat the egg white and enough icing sugar together to reach the consistency of toothpaste.
Spread a layer onto the cookies and top with a heart. Dust with gold dust, if you like.
Magazine issue date: February, 2017