These oat-crusted chicken flatties are absolutely scrumptious!
- 45 mins
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 sachet Jungle Oatso Easy Original
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and with a rolling pin, flatten the chicken until an even thickness.
- Spread the mustard over the chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Jungle Oatso Easy, parmesan, Cajun spice, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with the crumb mixture and refrigerate until the crust has firmed up slightly (10-15 minutes).
- Over a medium heat, fry off the chicken flatties until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with potato wedges and a side salad, or warm veggies in winter.
The amazing benefits of oats:
- Oats are high in soluble fibre
- Oats are high in the cholesterol lowering fibre – Beta-Glucan
- Lowering LDl (Bad) cholesterol helps with the prevention of heart disease
- Consuming oats whilst maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle assists with the prevention of heart disease
- Oats are Low GI and provide filling and long lasting energy.
Recipe by Chad January
Magazine issue date: May, 2017
Welcome to the Your Family online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.