You’ve seen over-the-top milkshakes – now there’s s’mores doughnuts!
- 5 mins
- 4 doughnuts (we used Krispy Kreme)
- 8 marshmallows
- Slice doughnuts open. Press marshmallows onto skewers and toast over a flame until golden brown.
- Place two marshmallows on each doughnut and sandwich together.
- PB&J: Spread the doughnut with peanut butter and jelly. Top with nutty sprinkles.
- Chocolate: Any flavour (like caramel, Peppermint Crisp or dark) in any form (grated, melted, or in a spread) and decorate with 100s & 1000s.
- Strawberries & Cream: Lighten up with sliced strawberries and whipped cream (with or without marshmallows).
It’s fun for each person to toast and make their own, but if you want to make them yourself, place the marshmallows in the microwave for about 1 minute on a flat dish, or melt under a heated grill until puffy. Transfer to the doughnuts and char with a blowtorch, if you like. Use wet hands and spatulas to transfer to doughnuts as this process is very sticky.
Magazine issue date: June, 2017