Ollie & Me is a beautiful, serene, and intimate home-based studio catering for expecting parents through their journey from tummy to baby.
For one lucky couple starting their baby bump journey, the prize includes:
- 1 x Antenatal course (worth R1300)
- 1 x CPR and First Aid for Family course ( worth R1500)
- 1 x 5 week Baby Massage course (worth R1000)
Join Sister Jane Maclaren, a qualified paediatric nurse and midwife, for an intensive, one-day antenatal course at Ollie & Me. The aim of this course is to explore and offer information regarding different aspects of childbirth suited to the different needs of individuals.
Space is limited to four couples per course, offering intimate and personal sessions during which all your questions can be answered. During the course, the following will be covered:
- Signs and symptoms of onset of labour
- Stages of labour
- Birth video
- Caesarean section
- Spinal / epidural
- Pain relief (pain of labour, analgesia used and side-effects)
- Positions for labour and comfort measures
- Induction of labour
- Forceps birth, Vacuum extraction
- Foetal monitoring
- Initiation of breastfeeding
- Positioning the baby correctly / latching
- Taking baby home, bathing baby
CPR & First Aid course with Survival CPR:
Essential for new parents and caregivers, Survival CPR’s CPR and First Aid course covers a wide range of survival skills and important information for attending to medical emergencies. Survival CPR trainers are highly qualified and experienced ICU sisters and paramedics with vast experience in emergency medicine. Topics covered include:
- Home Safety
- Baby medications
- Temperatures and febrile convulsions
- Recovery position and the unconscious patient
- Allergic reactions
- Head injuries
By completing the course you will also earn 2500 Discovery Vitality points, you will receive an American Heart Association Manual as well as a Survival manual, which includes all the course information, and a certificate endorsed by Resus Council of South Africa and American Heart Association.
Join Taryn Das Neves, a certified infant massage instructor, on the beautiful journey of learning about loving touch with your baby.
As the first sense to develop in utero, touch will become a powerful tool of communication for both you and baby. Parents know that their babies need to be held, rocked and carried and touched in a nurturing way. Baby massage is much more than just a luxurious experience or type of physical therapy, rather it is a tool for maintaining healthy development and a sense of well-being for both the caregiver and baby.
Studies and research over the past decades have shown that massaging your baby regularly has an array of benefits for those involved:
Relaxation: It is a relaxing experience for both caregiver and baby. A relaxed baby is usually calmer and easier to soothe, sleeps easier and generally sleeps better too.
- Communication and bonding: Baby massage promotes and aids the nurturing relationship which develops between baby and caregiver. It provides an excellent platform in which parents can observe their baby and their non-verbal cues, laying the way for open communication for the rest of baby’s life.
- Stimulation: Baby massage and the stimulation of positive, loving touch, influences the body’s systems, such as the nervous, immune, digestive, circulatory, endocrine and respiratory systems.
- Relief of physical and emotional problems, especially colic, teething, constipation
Baby massage has also been shown to significantly affect babies and caregivers in difficult circumstances in a positive way, and is highly recommend in the following situations:
- Postnatal depression (a wonderful platform to aid mom’s bond with baby)
- Babies born prematurely (research has shown that loving touch helps boost growth, weight gain and brain development in babies born early)
- Babies born with special needs
The studio is a relaxing, intimate space that only caters for a maximum of five parents and bubs in each course so that you can receive the attention and care both you and baby deserve!
At Ollie & Me, there is a little something for each and every family. They hope that Ollie & Me will become part of your and your baby’s life and look forward to welcoming you!
This competition closes on 2 November 2017. This competition is for Gauteng only. You can read the terms and conditions here.