Rather than waiting until you get ill, why not boost your immune system all year round? Physical and emotional stressors like long working hours, always being on the go, anxiety, lack of sleep, smoking, infectious diseases, certain medications and even menstruation overload the immune system, which is then unable to combat germs that lurk everywhere.
So do the following:
- Don’t pick up and spread infection. In areas where there are many people – like your workplace, school, public transport systems and shopping centres – surfaces are covered in germs. We pick them up on our hands andthen transfer them into our bodies via our noses or mouths. So wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds a time, using soap or sanitiser.
- Keep active. Evidence from researchers at Appalachian State University shows fewer sick days are taken by people who do regular aerobic exercise. All it takes is 20 minutes of brisk walking five or more days a week.
- Get enough sleep. Not getting those seven to nine hours of sleep has been shown to weaken the immune system. And you shouldn’t watch TV or work on a tablet late at night either.
- Eat to support your immune system. Our BFFs here are fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds, as they contain immune-supporting nutrients. Have at least two fruits and four veggies a day, eaten raw, cooked or juiced in smoothies.
- Supplement with protective antioxidants. Antioxidants from fruit, vegetables and nutritional supplements are needed long-term to counter free radical activity and support the immune system. Antioxidants slow or prevent the body’s natural oxidation process, which produces free radicals. If these get out of balance, they damage healthy cells and tissues and undermine our immune systems. Infections and chronic lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, immune response problems and premature ageing follow.
- Consider Nativa Immune Complex from the trusted Nativa range. It’s a once-daily immune-boosting nutritional supplement with a powerful combination of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, herbs and the amino acid lysine to boost antioxidant protection and strengthen your natural immune defences.
Nativa Immune Complex retails for about R126 for a month’s supply at Dis-Chem, Clicks and other selected pharmacies.
Nativa Immune Complex is giving away two 9-piece 900W Blender Pro Nutribullets worth R2 999!
Nativa Immune Complex competition terms and conditions
The competition runs from 1-31 August 2019. To enter, fill in the form below. The prize includes delivery via courier within South Africa. The prize is not transferable and may not be converted to cash. All competition winners’ names will be updated monthly on the Your Family website.
You can read the general terms and conditions here.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.