How to make a 3D paper snowflake in 7 easy steps!
- square pieces of paper in colour and size of your choice (we used white A4 cut into a square)
- Fold paper diagonally and then diagonally again. Holding the longest side of the triangle in one hand, cut three parallel slits into the folded edge of the paper.
- Open the paper out so that one of the points faces you, and it looks like a diamond shape.
- Fold the inner triangles over each other to make a tube and glue in place.
- Flip the paper over, and repeat step 3, folding the next two sections over to form a tube. Glue in place. Flip the paper, and repeat until you have stuck all the ‘tubes’ together.
- Repeat this with 5 more squares to make 6 3D shapes.
- Holding 3 of the shapes at the bottom points, staple them together. Repeat with the other 3 shapes. Staple the 2 sections together in the middle.
- Glue the ‘arms’ where they touch each other.
PHOTO: ANNALIZE NEL
Magazine issue date: December, 2017