Upcycle bottle tops and make an affordable and easy bottle top man craft with the kids!
You will need
- Crystal String or fishing gut
- flat-topped drawing pin
- bottle tops, grouped into colours
- Start with the man’s torso and gather 4-5 larger bottle tops. Use the drawing pin to pierce holes in the middle of the bottle tops as you work, and thread them onto the string with a knot tied at the bottom. Pierce two extra holes in the bottle top which is the man’s bottom, and feed two strands of string through with a knot at the top. These will be the legs.
- At the top of the man’s torso, thread a smaller bottle top as the neck and pink tops for the face. Cut tin tops to make a cap and tie a knot to keep all the tops in place.
- Thread bottle tops onto the leg string strands, with different colour caps to depict the shoes.
- Tie a long piece of string between the tops at the man’s shoulder height. These will be the arms. Thread on bottle tops and pink caps at the ends to depict the hands.