This DIY ‘bubbles in a bottle’ toy is made from a recycled plastic water bottle and works wonders when little kids need a quiet moment.
- 500ml plastic bottle
- 300ml water
- sea objects such as plastic sea life toys or shells
- blue food colouring
- 200ml baby oil
- Rinse plastic bottle, peel off label and scrub off glue residue.
- Pour the water into the bottle and add a few drops of food colouring until you reach the desired shade of blue.
- Add objects.
- Top up with baby oil and seal the cap with superglue so that little fingers can’t twist it off.
- Shake and turn the bottle, watching the two mediums swirl around like ocean waves.
Tip: If you don’t have baby oil you can use regular canola oil – the end result will be yellower and more opaque.
Magazine issue date: Jul, 2017