Bring some Easter fun to your breakfast table with a cute bunny egg cosy.
- 1 kids’ size 6-8 sock
- embroidery thread
- pink marker
- Fold the sock so that the heel lies flat. Turn the sock inside out and cut it in half from the top of the foot down to just before the heel.
- Trim away some of the excess so you have the two halves forming a rough ear shape.
- Sew around the cut to make two ears, then turn the sock right-side out.
- Next, using a running stitch, sew straight across the sock just below the base of the ears using
large stitches. Pull the thread tight so that the sock gathers together. Wrap the thread around the gathered section and secure.
- Embroider on the eyes and nose. Use a pink marker to give your bunny some rosy cheeks.
- To finish off the bunny, tie a ribbon around the ears.
PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2018