Upcycle an old scrabble set and make this charming Christmas tree message!
- old picture frame
- spray paint in colour of choice (optional)
- letter tiles from an old Scrabble set
- beads or craft embellishments of your choice for the tree base
- pom-pom or star
- craft glue
- Remove the backing and glass from the frame and spray paint the backing if needed (or line with paper). Set aside to dry.
- Use the scrabble tiles to form a festive message arranged in the centre of the frame. Glue into place.
- Finish off by gluing beads, or a material of your choice, to the base of the tree. Glue a pom-pom on the top, or use a small star. Replace the backing in the frame and display on a shelf or mantel, dressed with Christmas decorations.
PHOTO: ANNALIZE NEL
Magazine issue date: December, 2017