String up a cone advent calendar to fill with countdown candy.
What you need
- 25 brightly coloured cardboard squares (about 25cm x 25cm)
- wooden clothes pegs
- thick ribbon to string cones together
- double-sided tape
- colourful tissue paper
- treats like choccies or sweets
- embellishments like little baubles, colourful ribbon, glitter etc.
- Download the cone advent calendar template. DOWNLOAD PDF
- Download the cone advent flowers template. DOWNLOAD PDF
- Roll each piece of colourful cardboard into an ice cream-cone shape. Staple the opposite ends together to keep the shape.
- Decorate each cone using double-sided tape.
- Fill with treats, and then place tissue paper inside (so eager eyes can’t sneak a peek!)
- Attach the cones to the long piece of ribbon using the pegs.
- Glue ‘dates’ on each cone, so that you know which cone stands for which day of December.
- Hang up on a wall or door!
For more fun festive ideas, try:
Magazine issue date: Dec, 2012