How to upcycle a plain set of drawers with découpage.
- a few sheets of scrapbooking paper
- crafting scissors (regular scissors will also work)
- a crafting board or flat surface
- a ruler
- modge podge
- a paintbrush or découpage brush
- a set of drawers
- Measure carefully and cut the paper to the size of the front of the drawer – aim for 1mm smaller on all sides.
- Stick the paper down with a thin layer of modge podge and let it dry completely.
- Once dry, fix any bubbles by lifting paper away and dabbing a small amount of modge podge on with your
brush and smoothing out with your finger. Allow to dry completely.
- Repeat this process, ensuring that any bubbles or areas of paper that are lifting are filled and smoothed down as you go along.
Magazine issue date: June, 2016