Make someone this DIY journal as a super special gift.
- 2 pieces of thick strong cardboard
- scrapbooking paper
- coloured paper
- heavy-duty punch
- inspirational messages
- Cut out 2 rectangular pieces of cardboard slightly larger than A5, for the front and back of
- Measure 5cm from the left-hand edge of the front of the journal and cut, so that you now have 2 pieces of cardboard.
- Cut the scrapbooking paper to cover the cardboard back. For the front, place the 2 pieces of cardboard slightly apart and cover with scrapbooking paper. Cover the insides of the cardboard. You now have one solid back and a front that can bend at the gap.
- Cut the coloured paper to A5 size, and write or print messages on some of them.
- Place the pages with the inspirational messages at random throughout the journal.
- Punch holes on the lefthand edges of the paper. Line the paper up with the cardboard and punch holes in the covers.
- Tie the journal together with ribbon of your choice.
Magazine issue date: Jun, 2016