Recycling has never been so cool! Make a rocket ship moneybox from a used plastic bottle.
- 1 x 2L plastic bottle
- craft foam
- spray paint
- acrylic paint
- permanent marker
- craft knife
- Rinse plastic bottle, peel off label and scrub off glue residue.
- Spray paint several light coats onto the plastic bottle. Allow the paint to dry in between coats for
a neater finish.
- Use a pencil to lightly trace out the windows, decorative stripes, and the rectangular money slot.
- Fill in the windows and stripes with acrylic paint. You may need to use two coats of paint if your first is
- Once the paint has dried, use a permanent marker to draw in any smaller details you’d like to add to the rocket ship, such as windows and rivets.
- Using the craft knife, cut open a slot for the money.
- Draw a wing shape onto the craft foam and cut it out. You can then use this as a template for the second wing. Finally, glue these onto the sides of the bottle.
Magazine issue date: Jul, 2017