Some crafty inspiration for a cluttered workspace
- set square
- craft knife
- pencil or marker
- craft glue or glue gun
- washi tape or wrapping paper (to decorate)
- On the bottom of a shoebox, mark the halfway point along the sides.
- Using a set square, mark a 90° wedge in the centre as shown. Place the lid on the box and continue the 90° markings on the lid, from one side, across the lid, to join up the other side.
- Cut the wedge out of the box. Cut along the lid as marked. You’ll end with two angled pieces.
- Turn the box over and score a line down the centre of the box using a craft knife.
- Mark out a handle, around 3cm x 8cm. Cut out.
- Add the lid pieces to the box and glue in place. Fold the sides back to back and glue in place.
- Decorate with washi tape or cover with wrapping paper.
- Gift boxes are usually stronger than shoeboxes.
- Make markings in pencil in case you make a mistake.
- Save your plastic containers or cardboard tubes to help arrange stationery.
Follow these easy step-by-step instructions:
PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Aug, 2018