How do you make bath bombs?
Bath bombs are the ultimate “me time” treat. Add to a warm bath and watch as the bath fizz bomb goes to work. The oils in this recipe will nourish and moisturize your skin and the smell of vanilla has a calming effect. These bath bombs are really easy to whip up and make great gifts.
To make vanilla cupcake bath bombs, you will need:
2 cups baking soda
1 cup cream of tartar
½ cup Epsom salts
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
1 teaspoon vanilla fragrance oil
¾ tablespoon water
silicone cupcake moulds or a cupcake tray
paper cupcake cases
roses, dried rose petals, and ribbons, for decoration (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients (if too much water is added at once, the baking soda will start fizzing).
- Mix the ingredients together with your hands. It should stick together when squeezed; if it doesn’t, use a spray bottle to mist more water over the mixture.
- Place the cupcake cases into the silicone cupcake moulds. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and press it down with your hands until you’ve created a cupcake shape.
- Decorate the cupcakes with roses and rose petals.
- Leave the cupcakes to dry out for about two days before removing them from the silicone moulds.
- Decorate with more roses and rose petals, and tie ribbons around the cupcake bases, if you prefer.