Make merry with an easy advent calendar filled with treats.
You will need
- 26 toilet roll inners (use one for the chimney)
- spray paint in different colours
- tissue paper to match spray paint colours
- number stamps and ink pad
- 80cm x 60cm piece of cardboard
- 45cm x 15cm piece of cardboard
- A4 cardboard craft glue scissors
- treats to hide inside the rolls
To make the easy advent calendar
- Spray paint three to four coats on each roll, allowing to dry between layers.
- Trace 25 toilet roll inner circles on the tissue paper. Stamp numbers 1-25 on the circles and cut out.
- Spread craft glue around the edges of each roll. Place a numbered circle face down on a flat surface and press the roll onto the circle. Repeat with the rest.
- Fill each roll with treats and glue the rolls in numbered order in rows of five on the cardboard.
- To make the roof, fold the 45cm x 15cm piece of spraypainted cardboard in half, then glue onto the rectangular cardboard. Cut a triangle from the A4 cardboard to create the front of the roof, and glue in place.
- Make a chimney out of half a roll cut on the diagonal and use tissue paper to create ‘smoke’.
If you enjoyed making this easy advent calendar, try these fun ones too:
Magazine issue date: December, 2011