Make this felt egg-hunt carry bag for your kids’ Easter hunt that they can use every year.
- 40cm x 24cm piece of felt
- 3 x 42cm strips of matching ribbon
- fabric glue
- needle and thread
- felt, ribbon or wool, plaited together, for the handle
- Use fabric glue to glue the short ends of your felt rectangle together, and one of the sides to create your basic bag (the seam should be up the middle of the back of the bag). Allow to dry and then use needle and thread to reinforce your seams. Turn your bag right-side out.
- Glue ribbons, joining them at the bag’s seam, with fabric glue.
TIP Use a small paint brush to paint an even layer of glue on the ribbon to prevent patchy dark marks on the front of your ribbon, and to ensure even application. Glue your handle to the inside of the bag and stitc h in place, if necessary.
Magazine issue date: April, 2013