Hello happy feet!
You will need:
- a pair of slippers to decorate
- paper or cardboard cut-outs of decorative designs of your felt in different colours
- fabric scissors
- fabric glue
- Print out the decorative designs of your choice on paper or cardboard, cut them out, and make sure they’re the right size for your slippers.
- Start making your felt decorations by using your fabric scissors to cut out a ‘backing’ for each of the
templates from felt in a plain colour like black or white.
- Once you have your backing, you can cut out the rest of the pieces of each design from your different
colours of felt.
- Glue the coloured felt pieces to the backing to create your decorations. Leave them to dry completely.
- Cut the velcro into squares small enough that they can fit onto the back of your decorations without
sticking out. Glue a velcro square to the back of each decoration and glue one square to the top of
each slipper. Leave the glue to dry completely.
- When your glue is dry, you can decorate your slippers using matching designs or mixing and matching.
Magazine issue date: January, 2017