A chunky yarn and big needles make this basket weave knitted pencil case a quick craft.
- 1 x Sirdar Squiggle Super Chunky, shade 0603 (any super chunky wool works for this pattern)
- 10mm needles
- matching cotton thread
- fabric square, 1cm smaller than knitted square on each edge.
C/on(off) – cast on(off); ch – chain; dc – double crochet; folls – follows; gs – garter stitch; k – knit; N(s) – needle(s); rep – repeat; ss – slip stitch; st(s) – stitch(es); tog – together; tr – treble
Basket weave: c/on any multiple of 6, plus 3
Rows 1 – 4: K3, P3 to end
Row 5 – 8: P3, K3 to end
Repeat rows 1-8 for pattern.
- Using 10mm needles and long tail cast on method for a neat edge, c/on 27sts. Basket weave until skein is finished, leaving a long tail to stitch together. C/off. Do not weave in ends.
- Unzip zipper and place each half on each edge of square. Pin in place and carefully stitch in place. Do the same for the other half of the zipper, making sure they’re in the right position and can zip closed. Place fabric square neatly on material. Pin in place and carefully stitch in place.
- Fold in half so the zipper halves line up and, using mattress stitch and yarn ends, stitch case closed. Weave in ends.