Rejuvenate your work space with this simple, easy-to-do update.
- piece of cork or MDF (square, round or rectangle, whichever you prefer)
- modge podge
- paintbrush or decoupage brush
- crafting board or flat surface
- Measure carefully and cut the material to the size of the cork – aim for 1mm smaller on all sides.
- Stick your material down with a thin layer of modge podge and allow to dry completely.
- Once dry, fix any bubbles by lifting material away and dabbing a small amount of modge podge on with your brush and smoothing it out with your finger. Allow to dry completely.
- Repeat this process, ensuring that any bubbles or areas of material that are lifting are filled and smoothed down as you go along.
Tip: You can add a thin layer of foam before sticking down your fabric for smoother use.
FEATURE: YOUR FAMILY TEAM STYLING: LINDA BEAN PHOTOS: ANDREA CALDWELL
Magazine issue date: September, 2016