These paper craft baubles are a beautiful addition to any Christmas tree.
- coloured paper
- craft knife
- thin gauge stainless steel wire
- 2 beads per bauble
- To start, cut out 5 strips of coloured paper, each 2.5cm x 29cm.
- Make three tiny holes in the paper to thread the wire through, one in the middle of the strip and the other two about 1.5cm from both ends.
- Using the pliers, make a small loop at the end of your wire and then measure roughly 13-14cm of wire and cut.
- Add one of your beads and thread the wire through the middle hole of each strip of paper.
- Once all strips have been threaded, start threading the wire through the ends of the strips to make a circular shape. Make sure you work with opposite strips and constantly adjust the spacing between
the strips so that your bauble has a nice round shape.
- Add on the other bead and make another small loop in the wire.
- For a smaller bauble, cut 7 strips measuring 1cm x 21cm. You’ll then only need about 9-10cm of wire.
- To add a tassel onto the bauble, open up one of the loops you’ve made in the wire, thread it through the tassel, then close it up again.
PHOTOS: ANNALIZE NEL
Magazine issue date: December, 2017