Make this cute pink piggy with the kids!
- coloured detergent bottle
- 1 set of googly eyes
- coloured craft feathers
- wooden skewers
- craft foam
- pipe cleaners
- Rinse out the detergent bottle thoroughly and peel off the label. If needed, use warm water and washing up liquid to scrub off the glue residue.
- Using the skewers, poke small holes into the bottle where you would like to add the legs, hair, and tail. Make sure the holes are just big enough to stick the skewer through.
- Make the tail by gluing 4 feathers together, offsetting them slightly to create a fanned out tail. Once the glue has dried, stick the tail into the small hole created. If necessary, fix the tail to the body with glue.
- To make the legs, cut the wooden skewers to preferred length. Poke the skewer through the hole and glue around the hole to secure the leg to the body. Once the glue has dried, wrap a pipe cleaner around the skewer and create 3 loops to make the foot.
- Cut the pipe cleaners into varying lengths and stick them through the holes made earlier to create the hair.
- For the ears, cut the craft foam into almond shapes and glue them to the sides of the pig’s face.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
Variation: Change the look of your pig by choosing other materials that resemble hair or ears.
Tip: If you have a problem making the pig stand up on the skewers, tie one pipe cleaner tightly around two opposite legs, pulling the skewers closer together.
PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: July, 2017