A fun decoration that can be used to teach your child to plait hair, or as a perfect place to keep hairclips and ribbons.
- thick cardboard
- scissors or craft knife
- paint (white, gold and gold glitter)
- black marker
- wool (blue, purple, pink and green)
- self-adhesive jewels
- Draw the shape of a unicorn onto a piece of thick cardboard with a pencil and cut it out with scissors or a craft knife. Cover the entire cut-out in white paint.
- Once dry, paint the horn with gold paint and allow it to dry, then apply a coat of gold glitter paint.
- Draw on an eye and nose with the black marker.
- Cut lengths of blue, purple, pink and green wool, tie them together at the one end and plait, securing the other end with a ribbon.
- Glue long pieces of wool to the top of the neck of the unicorn. Glue the plait onto the top of the pieces of wool. Plait two or more sections of the loose wool and secure with ribbon.
- Stick a self-adhesive jewel on the eye and a few at the base of the horn.
FEATURE: KIRSTEN DAVIDS PHOTOS: PETER WHITFIELD
Magazine issue date: January, 2020