Turn a tin can into this pretty unicorn stationery holder!
- washed tin can (label removed)
- white and pink paint
- glitter cardboard
- white and pink felt
- glue gun or craft glue
- artificial flowers
- black marker
- Using a paintbrush, paint a washed tin can (with its label removed) with pink paint and allow to dry, then apply white paint so that you achieve a marbled effect.
- When completely dry, use scissors to cut out a triangle from glitter cardboard to make a horn. Glue this to the top of the tin.
- Cut ears out of white felt. Then cut smaller pieces out of pink felt and secure them to the white ears using a glue gun or craft glue. Glue the ears onto the tin, next to the horn.
- Arrange artificial flowers over the bottom of the horn and ears and attach with glue. Use a black marker to draw on the eyes.
FEATURE: KIRSTEN DAVIDS PHOTOS: PETER WHITFIELD
Magazine issue date: January, 2020