The rainbow tassles cushion is the perfect project for leftover yarn or crochet cotton.
You will need
- one plain cushion
- cotton or wool in an array of colours
- a piece of stiff
- cardboard, 10cm wide
- matching thread
- Take some wool and wrap around the cardboard 20 times (fewer times for a floppy tassel, more times for a sturdy one).
- Cut through the yarn at both ends. Use a small piece of yarn in the same colour to tie the lengths together at the 5cm mark.
- Fold the yarn lengths in half to form a u-shape. Use another length of yarn to wrap around the head of the tassel.
- To secure to the cushion loop, thread through the head of the tassel and sew to the cushion with a double stitch, snipping any visible ends off neatly.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015