Switch up your dull cupboard and make a repurposed shutter to hang your favourite cooking items.
- old louvre cupboard door or shutter
- cup hooks, large enough to hold your items securely
- Clean your shutter thoroughly and remove old fixtures, such as hinges and handles.
- If you’re painting the shutter, opt for a paint that doesn’t require undercoating and priming (a painstaking job on an item like this), such as Annie Sloan™ Chalk Paint (visit Anniesloan.co.za for stockists).
- Screw in your cup hooks at varying heights to accommodate the kitchen items you’d like to have on hand.
- For safety sake, it’s best to mount this door on a wall in the kitchen.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015