Add colour to the room with this rustic Christmas tree, perfect for small spaces.
You will need
- recycled decking or similar planks of wood
- white paint
- paint in colours of your choice
- Cut the wood to roughly the following dimensions: trunk 165cm; branches (from bottom to top) 118cm, 110cm, 75cm, 53cm; sides 2 x 135cm.
- Paint the fronts and edges of the wood with a white undercoat so that your final colour is vibrant. Once dry, paint in colours of your choice, and allow to dry.
- Configure the tree flat on the ground and nail the parts together. Paint over the nail heads to conceal them. Stand the tree in your living area, secured well to the wall, and decorate with lights and ornaments.
Note How you choose to configure your tree is up to you – it need only have a trunk and horizontal branches.
Magazine issue date: Dec, 2011