Kids will love helping make these salt dough easter egg ornaments.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup salt
- rolling pin
- Easter egg biscuit cutter or template
- acrylic paint in various colours or acrylic spray
- tippex pen
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- To make the salt dough, combine the flour, water and salt until it comes together to form a dough. Knead and roll out on a silpat or lightly floured surface until the dough is about 4mm thick.
- Using the cookie cutter or template, cut out Easter eggs from the dough. You should be able to make 10-12. Use the straw to make holes at the top of each egg.
- Place the egg shapes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 2 hours. Leave to dry and cool.
- When ready, paint or spray paint the eggs in colours of your choice and leave to dry. Once dried, you can add details to the ornaments using the tippex pen.
- Thread and loop a small piece of twine through each hole to hang the ornament.
PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2018