A delicious, creative treat that’s perfect for party favours!
- unflavoured popcorn
- coconut oil
- pink and blue food colouring
- white chocolate
- edible glitter
- baking sheet
- glitter cardboard
- white cupcake cases
- self-adhesive jewels
- black marker
- Take 6 cups of unflavoured popcorn (popped) and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and pink food colouring together and pour over the popcorn. Mix to spread the colour. (The popcorn needn’t be completely coated in the pink.)
- Melt 100g white chocolate, then add another 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and light blue food colouring. Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn and pour on some sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Allow to set firmly, then add a dusting of edible glitter.
- To make the popcorn holders, use scissors to cut small triangles from glitter cardboard to make horns. Glue these onto the tops of white cupcake cases. Attach a length of self-adhesive jewels around the edge and draw on eyes with a black marker. Fill the holders with popcorn.
FEATURE: KIRSTEN DAVIDS PHOTOS: PETER WHITFIELD
Magazine issue date: January, 2020