Make these table top napkins as gifts or to decorate your Christmas table.
You will need
(Makes 6 napkins)
- 1.2m x 80cm fabric (in either a plain colour or to match a theme)
- embroidery cotton (in various colours)
- embellishments: ribbon, lace, beads, sequins; fabric paint, pieces of fabric cut into shapes, etc.
- Cut the fabric into 6 x 40cm x 40cm squares.
- Overlock or seam the edges.
- Work out a colour scheme to match your dinner service or special occasion.
- To decorate or personalise each napkin, you can either: sew an assortment of beads or buttons in one of the corners sew lace or ribbon around the edges paint or iron on initials
in one of the corners flat-stitch ribbon into a pattern, or sew on a fabric heart using embroidery cotton.
Note Your napkin is a clean canvas – have fun and play with various designs.
Magazine issue date: December, 2011