Present this tortoise key ring as a special gift to an animal lover.
You will need
- felt scraps
- matching cotton
- 10cm fabric ribbon
- toy stuffing
- key ring attachment
- Cut out tortoise key ring pattern pieces as directed. DOWNLOAD PDF
- Cut small squares of fabric ribbon for decorating the tortoise shells and sew in place folding in a hem as necessary.
- Sew the head and legs in place to the wrong sides of the shell. Embroider an eye and mouth to right side of tortoise head.
- Repeat from step 1 to step 2 for other side. Thread the ribbon through the key ring, fold in half and pin to the top of the tortoise shell.
- With wrong sides facing, sew, using Blanket Stitch. Stuff gently with toy stuffing 4cm before the end of your seam.
- Sew in all loose threads.
For more easy gifts, try:
Magazine issue date: Dec, 2014