This is fun to make and can be hung with pride in the bedroom.
- coloured, variegated wool
- embroidery hoop
- glue gun or craft glue
- glitter cardboard
- white and pink felt
- artificial flowers
- glitter leaves
- Tie coloured, variegated wool onto an embroidery hoop and wind it around until the entire hoop is covered. Tie to secure.
- Criss-cross the wool tightly across the embroidery hoop, then tie off the wool.
- Make a small loop with wool at the top of the dream-catcher and secure it in place with a glue gun or craft glue.
- Cut lengths of wool and loop at the bottom of the hoop. Lay the dream-catcher flat and brush the wool. Trim the lengths with scissors, if necessary.
- Cut a triangular piece of glitter cardboard for the horn and glue it onto the hoop in front of the hanging loop. Cut ears out of white felt, then smaller pieces out of pink felt and glue them onto the white ears. Glue the ears onto the hoop
next to the horn.
- Glue artificial flowers around the top of the hoop in front of the horns and ears. Attach sequins to the criss-crosses of wool. Glue glitter leaves to the bottom of the loop, at the top of the wool strands.
FEATURE: KIRSTEN DAVIDS PHOTOS: PETER WHITFIELD
Magazine issue date: January, 2020