This washi tape tree is the perfect festive space-saver.
You will need
- roll of washi tape in your chosen colour
- 4-5 sheets of scrapbook paper
- circle cutter
- cutting mat
- sewing machine
- matching thread (if you don’t have a sewing machine, simply use thin strips of tape or staples to hold the garland together).
- To make the paper garland, cut circles from contrasting paper in similar shades. You can use scissors, but a circle cutter will give you even, matching circles in much less time.
- To sew the circles together, simply feed into the machine, one after the other, leaving no spaces in between.
- Mark out the points of your tree on a wall (the tape will adhere better to a smooth wall) and apply in long strips, repositioning if necessary as you go. The washi tape tree is low tack, so should peel away easily after Christmas).
- Use reusable adhesive to keep your garland in place.
For more clever festive ideas:
Magazine issue date: December, 2013