Take control of your day with these 10 tips!
The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy – Malcolm Forbes
- Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier and get up when it goes off.
- Write a to-do list for the day.
- Eat breakfast, so you’re not distracted by hunger pangs mid-morning.
- Organise your commute (get the kids to pack for their day the night before). If you’re going to need petrol, refuel on your way home rather than leaving it for the morning.
- Spend 15 minutes checking email, and save the rest for later.
- Schedule your most important meetings for your best time of the day. Save practical work chores for the time when your energy level is at its lowest.
- Listen to an inspirational TED talk during your lunch hour (Ted.com) or try one of these audiobooks/ podcasts.
- Combine exercise with catching up with the kids. Walk the dog together or speed walk around the block.
- You’ve put in a full day at the office. Do something fun and creative for yourself in the evening.
- Leave your phone in the kitchen at night. On silent.