December holidays often involve entertaining and parties! Make sure your guests feel welcome and relaxed the minute they enter your home with these quick and easy tricks:
- Open blinds and curtains, and allow natural light to fill your home. Light and airy spaces make small rooms feel bigger, which is an added bonus!
- A coffee table or ottoman and coasters in the lounge will give your guests the impression that you want them to stay awhile and chat.
- Light a few candles – they provide a warm atmosphere and scent the room.
- Designate a place for your guests’ shoes, handbags and other belongings. It’ll help your home look more organised, and your guests won’t feel that their belongings are in the way.
- Accessorise with soft blankets, throws and cushions. They add a comfy feel to your home and invite people to sit and relax, regardless of whether they use them or not.