In the current economy, you wouldn’t want your boss to think of you when they’re planning staff cuts…
Making yourself indispensable at work is not achieved overnight. Here are 5 habits to start adopting today:
- Network: don’t waste opportunities to network at functions by chatting with your work buddies. Get out there and interact with other indispensable people.
- Master a skill: learn to excel at something and become known as the resident expert.
- Go the extra mile: no company wants to lose the person who is willing to go beyond what is expected of them.
- Seek to improve yourself: take free courses online to keep your skills updated or to learn new ones that could enhance your performance on the job.
- Ignore gossip and don’t spread negativity: gossip is a huge time-waster and bosses know who they are. Likewise, people who are always negative and combative are seen as counter-productive and toxic in the workplace. Find out how to distance yourself from these types here.
READ MORE: If you’re easily distracted and it’s affecting your performance, read this.