If you’re planning a romantic escape with your partner, we’ve got 5 great suggestions!
- A VIEW TO LOVE
If you want to get out of the city, and you’re lucky enough to be in Cape Town, take a trip to the top of Table Mountain in the cable car. Even if you’ve been before, the view is always a treat. It’s a romantic mini-adventure and lets you take in the splendour of the city, the ocean, and the mountains with a 360-degree view. You can spend hours enjoying the vistas – depending on the Cape’s capricious weather, of course! Visit Tablemountain.net for info.
- TANGY TASTES IN THE FAIREST CAPE
Take your taste buds on a cheese and wine adventure.
- Fairview Wine Estate in Paarl pairs cheese and wine in a deliciously affordable tasting. R75 per person includes eight wines, and a selection of cheeses and olive oil. Or you can just opt to taste the wines or the cheeses, if you prefer. Visit Fairview.co.za to book.
- The Zevenwacht Wine Estate on the Stellenbosch Wine Route is perfect for a day visit or a weekend getaway. Enjoy beautiful views of rolling hills and vineyards, as well as the history of the century-old wine-making traditions. Visit Zevenwacht.co.za for bookings and more info.
- AN OPEN OUTLOOK TO OLIVES
Try Tokara in Stellenbosch for the view, the brandy and their delicious olives – not to mention an incredible dessert wine that’s bliss with every sip! If you also have a keen eye for art, Tokara offers art exhibitions that run throughout the week and include fine art, wine made art, and recently added sculptures. Visit Tokara.co.za for more info.
- INTIMATE WHISKY SAVOURING
If you’re keen to expand your whisky repertoire, visit WhiskyBrother in Hyde Park Shopping Centre, Joburg. In the intimate atmosphere of the tasting room you’ll have six whiskies to try, from Scotch and American to Irish. It’s an ambrosial evening out that you and your partner will love. Visit Whiskybrother.com
- COLOMBO COFFEE SHAKE UP
If you and your partner are keen on coffee, make your go-to morning drink more interesting with an intense coffee tasting in Durban’s Colombo coffee house. The visit costs R200 per person and takes you through the history of coffee and some delicious brews too. They focus on quality, and the range of beautiful crafted coffees and teas are recognised by their unique qualities. Colombo.co.za