What better way to pass time in the car (or the queue at Home Affairs) than learning about new research and conversations that can improve your life?
What is an audiobook?
An audiobook is a recorded book you can play on an electronic device like a computer, tablet or cellphone. These are full books you can download and listen to while going about your day. You can try a free audiobook on audible.com here.
What is a podcast?
A podcast, like an audiobook, is a recording that can play on your computer or phone and is typically a conversation between a host and a guest speaker or a single monologue of a person sharing their thoughts. The topics can vary from business to personal to crime series.
4 podcasts to subscribe to in 2019
- Safe For Work. Hosts Liz Dolan and Rico Gagliano give advice on all things work-related. Listen as they talk to experts about those moments at the office that can challenge the best of us: negotiating an increase, knowing when it’s time to move on… or dealing with that annoying office colleague who has no boundaries.
- Gossip. If the women of Big Little Lies hosted a podcast, this is what it would sound like! Follow along as the first comedic soap opera (podcast) follows three unlikely female friends who meet each week to drink coffee and share the latest gossip floating around their not-so-traditional suburban town.
- Walking with wildflowers. Keri started her local podcast in the second half of last year. Since then she has covered topics from body image and self-acceptance to getting published and making your dreams a reality.
- TED Radio Hour. If you’re into TED Talks then you’ll love The TED Radio Hour! It’s a journey through fascinating ideas like astonishing inventions, fresh approaches to old problems, and new ways to think and create.
4 audiobooks to listen to in 2019
- Grain Brain. In this book, neurologist David Perlmutter, MD, delves into the truth about the effects of wheat, sugar, and carbs on the brain, with a 30-day plan to achieve optimum health.
- Becoming. Narrated by Michelle Obama herself, this memoir invites listeners into the world of the former first lady of the United States as she chronicles the experiences that have shaped her.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. The KonMari Method is taking the world by storm (thanks Netflix!) and if you’re looking to tidy up your home for once and for all then this is the book that’s going to get you to do it!
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself. Are you looking to live more mindfully in 2019? Whether this is your first exploration of inner space, or you’ve devoted your life to the inward journey, this book will completely change your relationship with yourself and the world around you.