Times are tough but by following these simple steps, you can keep control of your budget…
1. Work out a budget – a realistic one – and stick to it.
2. Don’t apply for a credit card, or any store accounts. If you already have them, pay off those with the higher interest first. Once they’re paid off, close them.
3. Save money rather than spending it. When it comes to big-ticket items, save up for them rather than putting them on credit.
4. Shop the sales – with cash and not credit. Stock up this year for next year’s items. Wait for post-winter, post-summer, post-Easter and post-Christmas sales. You’ll save yourself half the cost.
5. Resolve to pay off your debts before spending any more on clothes, decor, gadgets, appliances or holidays. List your debts from smallest to largest, and pay them off in that order. Getting rid of the smaller debts fast will make the long list easier to deal with.