Grow your own pizza garden for your next family pizza night…
- A large garden pot or a patch of ground in your garden
- Potting soil
- Vegetables of your choice (try tomatoes, zucchini, and spinach)
- Herbs of your choice (try rocket, basil, and rosemary)
What to do
- Divide your pot or patch of ground into sections according to how many ingredients you want to plant.
- Mix your potting soil and compost together and place some of this mixture in the pot or patch of ground.
- Arrange your vegetables and herbs into their sections (all tomatoes in one spot, rocket in its own spot, and so forth).
- Pour more soil and compost mixture around your vegetables and herbs, and press down lightly on the soil to secure the plants in place.
- Water your garden regularly.
- Prune your garden regularly and make sauces, pesto, and herb mixes with your ingredients.
- Cherry tomatoes give a high yield of fruit for a small space requirement. Prune back your plants regularly to encourage a larger yield of fruit.
- Tomatoes love the sun, but keep them well watered.
- Make sure you place the herbs you’re growing in the correct position and water them often.
- Plants grown in pots need more attention and a consistent water supply compared to those in the ground.
Feature: Candice Curtis