Here are some ways to help you turn your spare room into a stylish suite…
- A pedestal or bedside table with a lamp is essential for guests. Your visitor shouldn’t have to navigate their way in the dark trying to find the wall light.
- Place a radio/ alarm clock on the pedestal. Some people wake up in the middle of the night to check the time or enjoy relaxing to the soothing sounds of the radio before they drift off.
- Make sure the plug point is in an accessible place and supply a circular 2-pin adapter, which also can fit the narrow 2-pin plugs.
- It’s the small touches that create a warm and inviting environment, so stock the room with a selection of magazines and books you think your visitor may like, and put together a welcoming snack tray, bottled water and a vase of fresh cut flowers.
- It may be Summer, however it’s also stormy weather time as well. Make sure there’s a heater in the room for cooler days.
- Those moisturiser, perfume, make-up and shampoo samples we usually tear out of magazine’s can be your guests’ life-saver kit! Place them in a bowl in the bathroom just in case your visitor has forgotten something at home. They can take their pick from your sample dish.
- Beautiful empty bottles are great for decanting hand-washing liquid, foam bath, shower gel and lotion in. Your guest will feel like they’re in a 5-star hotel!
- Remember to keep an extra blanket and hangers in the cupboard, as well as a dustbin, towels, a box of tissues and new toothbrush and toothpaste.