Treat your favourite pet with these easy homemade Christmas doggie treats.
Edible treats are the most popular choice, followed by toys. According to the survey, four out of 10 pets share their family’s Christmas lunch, while others feed their dogs juicy bones, and one respondent said he treats his dog to a fast food burger on Christmas day!
To make your dog feel special these holidays, whip up a batch of biscuits…
- 500ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 250ml (1 cup) polenta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 45ml (3T) vegetable oil
- 125ml (½ cup) chicken broth
- 250ml (1 cup) cooked chicken livers, chopped
- 10ml (2t) fresh, chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the flour and polenta. Then combine the egg, oil and broth.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture about ⅓ at a time and mix well between additions. Add chicken livers and parsley.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 1 minute. Roll out to 1cm thick, and cut into shapes using a cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Bake the treats on a greased baking sheet for about 15 minutes or until firm.
Note Store in a tightly sealed container. If frozen, allow to thaw completely before use. Visit Pawsitive.co.za for more info.