More and more of us are using our personal devices for work. As an employee you don’t want to act inappropriately or cross a line you didn’t know exists, so familiarising yourself with your company’s internet and email policy should be a priority. The policy should cover:
- The installation of software on your work PC.
- The use of personal external storage devices.
- The storage of personal information on your work PC.
- Using a business email address for personal matters.
- Personal use of the company’s data.
- The company’s right to monitor your email.
- Restrictions regarding emailing of company information.
- The use of personal devices while carrying out your duties.
- Social media guidelines for employees.